Sunday 12 February 2012

Water

Our stupid deck has been leaking for years. Not big leaks, mind you, but drips. The water going through to the carport is not a problem, as the cars can handle the odd drip, as can the concrete slab beneath.

However, sometimes it backs up against the house and gets in.

That is a big deal.

The leaking deck covering needs to be ripped off, and the old plywood pulled up. The railings are god awful, and should go, too. All that will remain will be the beams of the structure.

It needs a deck guy to design something classy, and waterproof.

Most of our basement floor is covered with the ugliest vinyl flooring ever produced. It took a hit with our recent leak, and I had to tear some chunks up.

It looks like I'll have to learn how to lay tile. I like tile as much as I dislike that crappy vinyl.

If I successfully pull that off, there is cheap-looking vinyl in all our bathrooms, and also in the kitchen.

Surely that calls for new countertops, and sinks, and....more.

One stupid little leak from that deck and I have half a house to fix and upgrade.

Mustn’t forget new gutters, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment