Thursday 2 February 2012

Haul

I am definitely in a long-haul period.

Work keeps chugging along. I am going to train as always but no milestones are popping up.

Jiu-Jitsu is always fun, but I've done all the beginner classes at least once. No first discovery. It is drill and improvement. Necessary, but not as thrilling. Karate on Fridays continues, but there is nothing new there either.

The long haul. Some people call it a plateau.

It can be a dangerous time in any activity. It can discourage people.

Where to set my sights? A big goal of mine is to finish all the pre-test requirements for my Jiu-Jitsu Belt test. This should be on May 17th, or shortly thereafter. Not far off, but something closer would be nice.

Maybe it isn't a matter of goals, or milestones.

Sometimes the journey is the destination. I like going to Jiu-Jitsu. I like Karate. I like my job. Maybe going to these things is the goal.

Be the ball.

It's all very Zen.

No comments:

Post a Comment