Sunday 25 March 2012

Weak week

I haven't been running too well this week.

The plan for spring break was to run a total of 40km. I wasn't doing too badly until mid week. I went and got a really nasty cold and that was it.

The whole season has been going that way. Since the start of the year I've run 91.5km and biked 329km.

Last year by this time I had run 145km and biked 509km. This year I'm quite a bit behind. It's supposed to rain hard tomorrow, and with my cold I won't be on the bike again.

Do I feel all weak and slothlike and discouraged? Not at all.

Last year I wasn't going to Jiu-Jitsu three times a weak. I think my two years are similar in total physical effort.

I can see lots of running-shoe kilometres coming this summer, too. We have no holidays arranged that will exclude running time and opportunities. We'll even be biking in some of the ports during our cruise.

Likely I will end the year somewhat behind last year's total. I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment