Friday 30 March 2012

Pressure

My date is May 10th. That's when I'll qualify to start my Blue Belt test. I will have completed all the mandatory Combatives classes. One also must have completed 12 Reflex classes. I will have done 18.

As I understand it, the candidate performs one or two of the 5 exam sections per week. Each attempt is videoed. If all is fine, these recordings are saved until the entire sequence is complete. Call it a minimum of three weeks.

During those three weeks, one continues to train in the regular classes, and therefore continues to improve. Normally, the videoing is done on Saturdays.

Conceivably it will all be completed and uploaded to HQ by the end of May. This will save me all of June for any do-overs.

I have no idea how long it takes for HQ to grade the exam videos. It doesn't matter when I find out my results, really.

I just don't want to go away for the summer with the task incomplete. I won't be training much for those two months. Starting up again in September would make me take at least a month to freshen up everything before testing. I don't want to do that. I want it done now.

If I get the test finished, and if I pass, I'll earn a Blue Belt. This means that although I will still be welcome in the 3 weekly classes I'm in now, I'll be eligible to attend 3 higher-level sessions per week.

Once I'm there, I'll be happy.

My fanatical pressure to rush can end.

No comments:

Post a Comment