Saturday 10 March 2012

Memory

I'm feeling really good about my Jiu-Jitsu progress right now.

I continue to train hard and attend every class I can. There is one change I've made that seems small, but really isn't.

At my high school I've got my students doing 30-day Challenges. They pick something and do it at home every day for a month. Some exercise, some draw, some take photos, and some walk to school. They can pick almost anything.

I am also doing a 30-day Challenge. Every day I study for my Jiu-Jitsu exam. I go over the lists of testing techniques, and review the sample videos. It is making a huge difference.

At today's class I knew everything we were drilling in. The people I was training with wasted no time looking up the sequence, as I already knew it. Less time wasted.

I also find that I can concentrate on improving the actual techniques when I'm not trying to figure out what is going on. When one memorizes the test, one also memorizes all the technique clues and tricky bits.

I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment