Thursday 1 September 2011

Fresh year

Well, the bikes are in the shop. Helen's needs a flat fixed, and mine is there for its start-of-year fix up.

I face another two hundred days of riding to work before summer returns again. My rides are pleasant, usually, and I like my job, normally.

The Karate Club has been doing some recruiting. I am wondering how that all is going. I'll be seeing the crew tomorrow evening. Can't wait.

There are a few missions kicking in. Tomorrow, I'll do my weigh-in on the Wii. It will let me know how two months of power eating have modified things. I'll set a goal, and start the slow grind to meet it.

A new toy I picked up is a Kinnect attachment for my Xbox. It sees what you are doing and uses that as game input. My first 'game' for it is a workout manager. It's vaguely martial arts based, and I'm hoping to use it as an addition to running, biking, and Karate.

That might sound silly, but if other eating and burning stays stable one can lose fat with minor exercise. Burn a lousy hundred calories a day and you'll lose about a pound a month. Keep it up, and it's 12 pounds a year.

September sets the tone for the year. At least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment