Wednesday 28 September 2011

Choice

I find I'm a little bit torn.

My Karate Club had two classes per week. I enjoy these, but I am not learning anything new. It is practise, exercise, and training, but not learning.

I've started at a
Jiu-Jitsu class once a week. It is fun, and I'm learning tons. I can't make both of their weekly sessions, as one conflicts with Karate.

I'm doing 2 Karate and 1 Jiu-Jitsu sessions a week, but I could do 1 Karate and 2 Jiu-Jitsu instead. Unfortunately the nights conflict, or I could do 2 of each. Such is life.

I used to be a High School assistant wrestling coach, but haven't been involved in years. The club ended when the head coach transferred to the neighbouring school.

A small number of kids from my school travel to wrestle at the other school. Today one of them came to me and explained how much they'd like to have a practise once a week at my school. Not a new club, but just so they could travel less. The administration will only let them do this if someone suitable will supervise the sessions. She asked me if I'd do it. I hesitated, but agreed.

Suddenly, I'm a little bit back in the wrestling world. How does this affect my Karate/Jiu-Jitsu dilemma? Jiu-Jitsu is very similar to wrestling. Karate is the opposite. Seems like a no brainer. Jiu-Jitsu should get the nod.

Somehow, I feel like I’m abandoning my Karate friends. This is silly, as I’ll still be there once every week. They don’t need me for anything, as I’m not the teacher.

Still thinking things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment