Saturday 3 September 2011

Pie

So far in 2011 I have run 920 km, and biked 1254. Leaving Horseshoe Bay, the bike mileage would get me through BC, Washington, Oregon, and as far as Red Bluff, California. That's on I5, which is illegal, but you get the idea.

If at Red Bluff I switched to running, I'd have passed Disneyland already, and am halfway from there to San Diego.

I'll be in Mexico soon.

If I'd gone east instead, I'd be over the Rockies, through Alberta and Saskatchewan, and have just gone by Brandon, Manitoba.

It’s only September. If I only bike to work, my bike will crank out another 800 km. If I only run on the weekends, that’s another 150 km wear on the runners. Mexico or Ontario, I believe.

I wonder how many pieces of blackberry pie it will take to fuel that effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment