Friday 30 September 2011

Stiff

I am enjoying my Jiu-Jitsu class a lot. Like wrestling, it is a very intense workout. The classes are an hour long, which is perfect for an old guy like me. Longer would not be good.

It does seem to use a different set of muscles than anything else I'm currently doing. I know this because of all the little stiff spots this morning. Nothing too bad, but noticeable.

There is only one thing I don't like about the class.

There is nothing like Karate's free sparring, or Judo's randori, or wrestling's mini-matches. Nothing where you just grab each other and go.

This is very old-style traditional in martial arts. This is a bit strange in that this version of Jiu-Jitsu uses a very modern and advanced teaching method.

I like just grabbing and going sometimes. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment