Thursday 28 April 2011

Sunny Runs

Heart rate up. Blazing sunshine. Million mile ocean views.

Amazing how calming and satisfying a run in the sun can be. Who invented this running thing anyway?

I know it’s a good run when my wrist GPS tells me that I’m running faster than normal. Today was fast.

No Starbucks on the route, so no stopping allowed.

Lots of dogs out, mostly tied to their owners by string, but not all. Some just out taking strolls on their own. They didn’t bother me, and I did the same back to them.

Lots of walkers out and about, including teenagers. That hardly ever happens. They seemed happy, and a couple greeted me loudly. My high school kids seem to get a kick out of seeing a teacher running.

I hate people claiming that kids are worse than they’ve ever been. It’s a lie. Crime statistics, drug use statistics, teen pregnancy stats, and every other indicator all back me up. Kids are great. Better now that ever before.

Imagine how great they’d be if they just went on sunny runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment