Thursday 21 April 2011

Early Morning

We are off for a bit to be with friends. I love my home, but I always like going other places.
It means I’ll miss some of my usual routines, which is both good and bad, but I don’t every have to miss running.

My internal clock is kinda weird. I usually wake up well before 6am. No normal person does this, and even if they do, they just roll over. I get up.

This means I’ll have plenty of time to run as far as my legs want to go. It also means that I get to find new and exciting routes.

We will be in a mixed suburban/rural area. It is pretty flat, but in a sneaky way. Certain routes are nice and horizontal, but others are disguised, incredibly long slopes. If you’ve ever done a few miles on a slow uphill, you’ll know how draining this can be. Somehow, you never get the lost energy back when on a slow downhill. Such is the law of gradual hills.

There are plenty of suburban streets to run on, including some busy arteries. There will also be rural lanes, which just might include some magical river views.

A flat run, with a river view. It would need some early morning sunshine to make it perfect. And a Starbucks, it has to have a Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment