Tuesday 14 January 2014

The List Grows

In an earlier blog I listed all the celebrities I'd run across at the Gracie Academy. That was about a week into our visit, and I was pretty sure that would be all of the biggies I see.

Oh, sure, maybe I'd see a few more minor mma/UFC fighters, but nobody as big as Lyoto Machida.

Turns out I was premature.

Tonight, warming up on the main mat before a private lesson with Rener Gracie was another famous person.

This time it was Ronda Rousey. She is the undefeated UFC women's champion.

I knew she has trained here in the past, but didn't know she still did. This is very smart of her. She is as good a grappler as anyone on earth. In order to get any better she needs trainers just as good as herself, but who have different angles and ideas and variations.

Anyhow, my celebrity list continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment