Tuesday 7 January 2014

Day Two

Today was a long day...more than long.

It started with getting up early to make the 7am class. It ran about an hour. We started with the giant killer setup. Then did a modification using our own collar to trap the opponent, and then variations. It ended with sparring. I even had a round with the instructor.

Time off for a bit, so I rested back at the room. Helen wanted to be dropped at the beach to stroll while I was at my second 11am until noon class. Ryron taught this one. He's very gifted athletically and it showed in everything he had us doing. Then we sparred. I wasn't off the mat until 12:30. I was very late picking Helen up. She forgave me, but was worried.

Off to Disneyland. Actually, we went to California Adventure, but it's still Disney and attached. We ate, the walked and went on rides. Still crowded  considering it's January.

Left in time for a short room rest, and then off again for my third class of the day. Rener Gracie taught it. Again, it was supposed to end after an hour, at 9:30, but the sparring was clearly going overtime. Several bowed out and left, so I did as well. I was bone weary, and need to pace my old body.

I have 54 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment