Monday 13 January 2014

Busy

Today is monday, and at noon I'll be starting my second week of training here at the Gracie Academy in Los Angeles.

Last week it was not too rough on my body, but very draining. My brain kept getting filled up and tired, too.

It would be no problem, except we are pretty intent on having fun whenever I'm not on the mat.

Here's a list of all the stuff we've done since we arrived eight days ago:
   - three visits to Disneyland
   - two trips to the seaside at Redondo Beach including about 6km biking
   - two trips to Venice Beach including 30 bike km
   - numerous shopping trips to a variety of venues

Our non-Jiu-Jitsu pace would be enough to keep me tired. Add on my classes and it's pretty draining.

Slowing down is a theoretical option, and will be done on some days. Today, for example, my free time is about 4 hours in the afternoon. We've nothing planned, so likely we won't do very much. Maybe some light shopping or a walk somewhere. Wednesday is identical. Now that our first-week frenzy is over those might become our quiet days.

That leaves five other days each week for bike riding and sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment