Friday 17 January 2014

Shopping Stuff

Los Angeles is designed much like a giant mall. There is stuff to buy everywhere.

So just what have I bought, or might buy.

Turns out I didn't bring enough underwear. That is always an exciting purchase. While on that errand at Target, I discovered top quality compression shirts for $14. That's less than a third the price I've been paying at home. I grabbed three, and will likely get several more.

I also like to collect tshirts. I picked up three I liked at the Gracie Academy and another at Disneyland.

I need official Gracie mma shorts and shirts for monday and thursday training, so picked up two sets of those.

At Venice Beach I picked up a wall-hanging sculpture thing for $25. It looks Aztec-ie.

That's it so far. Some shirts and shorts and art and underpants.

What might I pick up in future?

Today we're off to a New Balance store. I have a pair of runners in mind. I can get them at home, but in the States they carry more fancy colour choices.

I also want another gi or two. I've wanted to get some fancy Gracie uniforms for a while, but the cool ones have been out of stock. They still are, but they expect them soon. This would not only lighten up my uniform shortage while we're here, but also make me look snazzy back home.

The last thing that is sort of on the shopping list is a thing called a bubba. These are practice dummies with arms and legs and are built much like people. They are expensive at $650, although I get a 10% discount. The school where I teach the Jiu-Jitsu club might be coming up with the money. If they do, we'll drive home with a bubba stretched out in the back amongst the bikes. If the school doesn't, I just can't justify the price.

So if I go nuts, the pile of loot I'll be bringing back over the border will be; a bunch of clothing, including uniforms; a pair of shoes; a little clay sculpture and; a thing that looks like a dead body.

Or much less.

No comments:

Post a Comment