Monday 27 January 2014

Into week 4

Three weeks of perfect attendance at the Gracie Academy so far. That works out to 38 Master Cycle classes.

Today I head into week four.

It will also be the last week of free training, although I do get two days next week as well. This is one of the perks of being a registered member of one of the outlying Certified Training Centres.

After that, one has to pay. The cost per month here for unlimited access is $295. That's nothing for this kind of instruction. That works out to between 5 and 6 bucks per class. Woohoo.

So far I've gotten two weeks focused on submissions, and one week on submission defence. This week and next will be defence as well. My last three weeks will be on guard sweeps.

After that, we head back north. Right now Helen is leaning towards a leasurely return via Monterey and San Francisco. That would be very pleasant, but nothing is carved in stone.

Once home, I'm sure my Jiu-Jitsu friends will want to try everything I've learned. The problem will be that a great deal of my training has been far above my level, and has faded fast. Just about the only weakness at the Gracie Academy is that they have absolutely no free mat time just for people to practise. Back home that is one of the mainstays of my training.

I'll probably has a couple of flashy submissions to show them.

At least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment