Tuesday 21 January 2014

Tapped

I do fine in rolling.

Purple, Brown, and Black Belts make good partners, and I learn a lot from them. I'm really at their mercy, but as we both know that there is no problem.

In a way it's the other Blue Belts that are more interesting. Against each other it is more ernest, as we try and really submit and defend. I am better than some, and weaker than others, but it's aways competitive. It is close either way.

Last night I only rolled once. My partner was Blue, and very big. Not tall big, as he was only had a couple of inches on me, but rather muscle big. His arms were easily twice the diameter of mine. It wasn't body builder mass, but just how he is.

We rolled, and he could get nothing on me. At one point I caught him in exactly the move we'd just spent an hour learning to defend. He instantly used the most appropriate defense, did it right,and did it with strength. Didn't matter, I made him tap anyhow. We kept going.

When time was up, he asked me how long I'd been training. I answered, "Two and a half years." He responded, "I could tell."

That made me feel pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment