Monday 28 November 2011

One guy

Every so often my mind gets blown by something. I was sitting about, trying to think of a second blog entry related to the recent, big Karate tournament. While by brain was stewing, I discovered in my email a newsletter addressing Gracie Jiu-Jitsu topics.

There was a link to a video of a Gracie Black Belt talking about his personal journey. Who was this guy? It was Ed O'Neill. You might have heard of him. He's a successful Hollywood actor, best known for his roles as Al Bundy, and more recently as Jay Pritchett on Modern Family.

He got his Belt in 2007, at the age of 61. I know what you're thinking. This old actor shows up, so they feed him a fast-track Black Belt for the publicity. Wrongo. It took him 16 years or so of regular training to earn his rank. Not fake at all.

Funny I hadn't heard about this earlier.



No comments:

Post a Comment