Saturday 19 November 2011

Brandy

Wednesday was a normal day, but I was unusually tired after Jiu-Jitsu for the workout we did.

Thursday, nasty virus strikes. Called in sick, and knew it was bad enough to arrange for both that day and Friday at home. Stayed home from Jiu-Jitsu, which I really didn't want to do. For a while I figured I could go and watch, but gave up on that as the day rolled on.

Friday, watched TV, napped, and read with plenty of chest-cold symptoms to keep me entertained. Our Karate instructor is away, so I was committed to taking that evening's class. No problem. The teacher doesn't really have to do anything or sweat. All the boss has to do is tell others what to do, and count in Japanese. By the end of the class I was bagged, and could barely talk. Lovely.

Saturday is another quiet day. Helen and I have tickets to a dinner/dance and have been looking forward to it for weeks. I'm trying to get myself together enough to handle eating in a restaurant and doing a dozen dances.

I can always recover tomorrow.

The only problem is, I've been a bit worse each day. This stupid thing could slop over into next week.

Time for more TV and a snifter of brandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment