Friday 4 November 2011

Fold

Helen and I both really like our electric bikes. The ride is wonderful, but we have something new in mind.

We love to travel, and would like to have folding bikes to take along. There are millions of makes and models, and the shopping has begun.

It is hard to find a bike that fits Helen well. She has a shoulder problem that requires a very upright posture. Compounding this, she is not very tall. Most of the bikes we try cannot be adjusted to her needs.

She has tried many, and none worked until last weekend. We went to a big store in Vancouver that has many models. She looked them all over. I saw one that was by far the best for being upright. She finally got to that one after checking the entire inventory. She was dubious, as it was the cheapest one in the place.

When she got on, it was perfect. Nothing fancy about it, but the components are acceptable. It has eight gears, and is even a colour she likes.

Helen doesn't like to decide these things in haste, and might have left the bike in the store. I put whatever influence I have into the discussion. We bought it and brought that baby home. It was only $350, after all.

Now, I'm on the lookout for a folder of my own. I am easy to fit, so can get whatever model I fancy. A store near our home sells a fine bike, and I'll go try it again. I’ll buy one if it feels like I remember.

Then we need cases for air travel or cruises, and we're all set.

We might start a trend, especially with the cruise ship crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment