Tuesday 22 November 2011

Baby Cars

We need a second car. Work is no problem, as I ride my electric bike, and Helen drives our Toyota Prius.

However, it can get tricky to coordinate all our evening and weekend activities. We are just getting by now, but things won't fit at all in January.

The sticking points will be Tuesdays, as Helen will go to Sechelt for ukulele, and I will be off to Gibsons for Jiu-Jitsu. Friday will be tricky, too, as Helen goes to a folk music group and I go off to Karate. Saturday will see Helen either going to art or music, and me going to Gibsons for Jiu-Jitsu. This will be plain old ordinary weeks. I will also be having at least one Karate Seminar in Vancouver per month. If Helen wants to come along, fine, or even if she wants to stay home car less. If she want a car, or has a gig, or wants to go to any of there other weekend activities we're sunk.

Time for a new set of wheels. We are proud we've gone so long with only one car.

We prefer new cars and will be going that route. I haven't thrown out the idea of another Prius as a second car, but they are pretty pricey.

I am waiting until the ScionIq becomes available before making up my mind. It is likely down to the 2012 tiny Scion or the smallest Toyota, the 2012 Yaris Hatchback.

The Yaris is the smallest Toyota vehicle, and is counted as a subcompact. For one guy driving around it would be plenty of car, almost too much. The ScionIq is an altogether smaller beast. It is in the same tiny super-subcompact class as the Smart Car. Unlike the Smart Car, the ScionIq has 4 seats (the back two are teensy), better fuel economy, and is only 1 foot longer.

Can't decide until I can get my hands on both cars.

It sounds like I'm making the decision, but really it's up to both of us. Helen lets me do the research. If there is anything about either of my little candidates she doesn't like, it's out.

I'll only be sunk if both cars get rejected by either or both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment