Sunday 30 October 2011

Missing in action

When I was a Karate student, long, long ago, I attended every class I could.

When I became an instructor, my presence was always required.

Of course, people have lives and often cannot attend every class. Other than that, or injury or illness why would one miss a session?

Our current club had a Saturday class for a while, but it folded due to lousy attendance. We don't get most people there in the evenings, either.

At Jiu-Jitsu, I keep seeing members that I've never seen before, and I've been there over a month. There are some regulars, but also many who are there half of the time or less.

I just don't get it. People always say they love their martial arts classes and yet many are irregular.

Maybe I'm just obsessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment