Wednesday 26 October 2011

Private

Tonight was different. I've been kicking and punching and such for 3 decades, and tonight was my very first private lesson. I've given a few, but never received one.

Just me and an instructor, rolling around on the mat. No off time. No breathers.

The teaching was first rate, and the practise drills most useful. I could also ask lots of questions, which doesn't really work in a group setting.

I'll be doing this again, maybe every two weeks for a while.

I don't really have a long-term goal in Jiu-Jitsu, other than to go as far as I can. Short term, I want to get a Blue Belt, which is the lowest non-White rank. Upon reaching Blue, a student has access to twice as many classes each week.

I don't really covet the Blue Belt itself. I was a Blue Belt already, back about 1984 or so. Been there done that.

A Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt would be cool, but they are notorious for taking about a decade to achieve.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment