Friday 6 September 2013

Twinless

Testing for me will be starting pretty soon. I have a lot of work to do getting myself ready, but there's another consideration.

To perform the exam, I'll need at least one partner who knows the techniques. The better they are, the better it will go.

There are currently people available of a higher level who already understand the material. These are our instructor, and Corey.

Corey's work means he's only in town about half the time. He'd be a great choice otherwise. Perhaps he'll be around to help for some of the six test sections, but maybe he won't.

Our instructor would be the best possible partner, but he's trying to heal a damaged shoulder. This would be bad enough by itself, but he recently also hurt a knee quite badly. There is no way he'll be able to fill that testing role for me.

There are a couple of guys my level who've gone through most of the material, but their attendance is spotty at best. We'd have to work together a lot to get things ready, and that doesn't look particularly likely.

This makes me wonder about the less experienced Blue Belts. They might be a good option for some of the parts. They might work fine in the any of the four sparring parts of the exam. I bet they'd also be willing to work with me on the three technique segments.

Might have to do the test in the order that makes sense. If Corey is around; I should do the harder first and second technique sections. If he's away, I can take one of the others my level and we can practice together until they can perform the partner role for the easier third section.

When it's time to spar I'll just take whoever is available.

I guess it's not really a problem; just something to sort out and keep in mind.

It would be easier if I were twins.



No comments:

Post a Comment