Wednesday 11 September 2013

Ketchup

I've had quite a lot of mechanical bike trouble this year. My ride has had to go into the shop for quite a few weeks in total.

We've also travelled quite a bit this summer, which has also kept me off the two-wheeler.

My self-imposed goal is 50km per week. I try and keep up, and to make up missed miles but it hasn't been working. I'm currently at only 86% of where I should be. If I wanted to catch up today, I'd have to pedal over 170km.

There is no way I'm doing that, so I'll just keep plugging away.

Luckily, my tally for running is at 150%. I've more or less put that on hold and am diverting that energy and time into biking.

Helen and I do a ride together, usually around mid-day. Yesterday we went 19km, which is pretty typical. Some days I do another ride solo in place of my normal run. At this kind of pace everything will soon be all caught up.

Unless my bike breaks again.



No comments:

Post a Comment