Tuesday 17 September 2013

Dream Mini

I am intending to purchase the upcoming iPad Mini 2 as soon as Apple releases it for sale.

I currently haul around a full-sized iPad, a cell phone, and an iPod. My current iPad and iPod don't hook up to the internet via cellular data. My phone could, but it's a piece of junk. The Mini will have this capability, and replace all three devices.

That's decided, but nobody knows what features the upcoming model will boast.

So what is my personal wish list?

I want as much storage as possible. The current Mini has a maximum of 64 gigabytes. This will do, but they might make a bigger version. The current full-sized iPad stretches to 128 gigs, and there is no technical reason why its little brother couldn't as well. If Apple goes this way, I'll follow. I like to store all sorts of music, podcasts, and video on my devices. My current iPad and iPod are both 64s, and not everything fits.

Weight and size matter. The current version is small and light. My wish is that new one has no added millimeters or grams. The rumor mill has this being the case, so I'm hopeful. I want the Mini to replace my current cell phone, which means it will always be along in a pocket.

The general expectation is that the next Mini will have a retina display. I want this to be the case. The current version's screen is really very good, but I'm thinking about the future. If this year's model doesn't have the better screen, it will get lumped with the current model when that one gets phased out. If it get's retina display, it will be linked with future models. This effectively means a retina-screen model will have two more years of being kept up-to-date by Apple over a non-retina version.

That's all I want; a small, light, 128 gig version with retina display.

...and a lower price would be nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment