Monday 30 September 2013

Next Step

Today is the last day of September of 2013. It's a big day in my journey through Jiu-Jitsu.

I have just completed the last of the material required for the Blue Belt Stripe 1 exam. I have been working on this since earning my Blue Belt a little over 15 months ago.

I now slide into a period of study and review. The material now needs to be internalized so that it can be performed up to standard for the exam.

I have Madeline as a training partner. She is also working towards the test, but is not quite at the same spot I am.

When performing the exam, the candidate needs someone to be their opponent. This person needs to be someone conversant in the test material. Even better if the opponent has been working closely with the candidate.

You'd think Madeline would be the perfect opponent for my test, and I for hers. In many ways she would be, but there is a significant size difference. She's maybe a shade over 5 feet tall and about a hundred pounds. I'm 5 foot 9, and over 75 pounds heavier.

Some things are easier with her due to size, and others much harder. In a way it balances out.

The next road mark will be when the exam actually commences.





No comments:

Post a Comment