Saturday 7 September 2013

Net Training

I still have a few technique units left to complete, but have already started to review. To get my exam done I want to have the first of the many test parts ready to go the minute my instructor says it's time to start.

There are 60 techniques, each with from two to five subsets. That means it is necessary to have about 200 movement chains memorized and well-practiced.

Sometimes I do this prep with others, but more often alone. I like to practice on the academy's massive mat, but might be better off doing more at home. Every so often I get stuck on something and have to skip it or spend an inordinate amount of time trying to recall what I'm supposed to do. At home I have internet access and can raid the wonderful library of 60 second video clips that the Gracies provide online. At the school I cannot.

If Apple would just release their upcoming iPad Mini 2 I'd be fine. That is going to be my next toy and I'll be getting one that can handle wireless so I can have internet everywhere. This solution likely won't become available until towards Christmas, and my test should be over by then.

I think Apple hates me.


No comments:

Post a Comment