Sunday 23 September 2012

Many Years

Trying to predict future progress can be interesting. It can also be discouraging.

I can reasonably expect to earn the first added stripe on my Blue Belt by the end of 2013. This assumes training here at home. This isn't too bad, but how long will it take to complete all four stripes and to earn a coveted Purple Belt?

I should be done by Christmas of 2018. My goodness! 2018? This is also assuming six years of perfect attendance. I'll be 62 years old.

Luckily, I don't plan on only training at home. Next fall it's retirement, and off to a few months in Southern California. While there, I'll be training like a maniac at the main Gracie Jiu-Jitsu school.

This will move my Purple Belt up to January of 2018. Heck, I'll only be 61.

A lot of Canadians do the Snow Bird thing. If we do that every year, I can shave a bit off my total training time.

Best to not think about any belts above Purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment