Friday 14 September 2012

Cheap Eats

The new training schedule at Jiu-Jitsu is taking some getting used to.

Just making through five consecutive days of training each week is hard enough. Some nights I end up tired to the bone.

I also have to hurry from work to get to class on time. That works most days, but not all. To get there on Friday it isn't possible to do my normal bike ride. That means that one day a week I will be taking the car to work. It's a minor sacrifice.

A cool part about the schedule is how little each class now costs. I am trying to attend all I can, so should be getting over 8.5 hours a week. This works out to about $2.75 an hour. Some people haven't figured out what it means to pay a monthly fee and to show up irregularly. They end up paying a lot more per class. I smile, pay the same as them, and get much more.

Mine is a great schedule for people that really like to eat. Each hour of Jiu-Jitsu burns 700 calories. I can eat three extra days worth of food each week. Great for somebody that likes chips and pop.

People ask me why I train. Maybe I should start asking them why they don't.



No comments:

Post a Comment