Saturday 1 September 2012

09 01

Today was the first of September, and also the first day of the Martial Arts season.

The first class was Karate. The next of that style will be next Saturday. After that it will go twice a week and soon include a kids class.

Jiu-Jitsu begins Tuesday and jumps right into its five-day-a-week timetable.

I am looking forward to it all.

Today's Karate class was small; just three of us. It's nice that my returning students have some experience and don't need constand correction. For half the class I lined up with them, called techniques, and the three of us performed them. I got to sweat, too.

The other half of the time was spent on Kata, refreshing those they know, and then adding one more.

This week I'll firm up the schedule for the classes, and then make up a bunch  of posters.

This is the side of Karate I hate. 

It's one of the reasons I like going to Jiu-Jitsu. The organizing there is aomebody else's concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment