Wednesday 19 September 2012

Dirty Work

I hate organizing things. I mean, I REALLY hate organizing things.

No problem teaching Karate. The problem is recruiting people, booking gym time, and organizing instructors. It's even worse to set fees and then collect the stupid things.

This means, of course, that I am recruiting people, booking gym time, organizing instructors, setting fees, and collecting the money. Oh, yeah, and teaching, too.

As I discovered it would be impossible to start a kids class this fall, the idea was dropped. This made things a lot easier. Now it was just a case of making the adult class run successfully.

The official start date is in about a week and a half. We'll see how things are working after that.

There are currently five of us in the club. An even dozen would be great. That would both cover the bills and provide a wonderful learning environment.

Maybe this is one of the reasons that I really like going to Jiu-Jitsu. There none of this stuff is my concern. The instructor, Shawn Phillips is very good at doing all the nasty organizational stuff.

Maybe someday somebody will join the Karate Club who can do all this stuff well, and who wants also to do it. That would be great.

It hasn't happened yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment