Sunday 27 October 2013

Skinny legs

I really enjoy Jiu-Jitsu, and it's done a lot for me physically.

My back hasn't had a serous problem since I started training over two years ago. I've also lost a bunch of weight, and there seems to be more muscle on my arms and torso than is typical for me.

A weird thing has happened since I've pretty much stopped Karate training and seriously curtailed my running in lieu of more Jiu-Jitsu.

Pretty much all I've been doing is bike riding and Jiu-Jitsu for the last couple of months.

My calves have gotten smaller. They were pretty muscular before. It seems that although Jiu-Jitsu has been great for me generally, it isn't so wonderful for the lower body.

This makes sense. The majority of time we're on the ground rolling around. Arms, backs, and the good old core get a good workout, but the legs don't.

Now that my much dreaded Jiu-Jitsu exam is largely over, I can get back into my other activities. I ran today. Haven't done that recently. I'm going to spend two three-day weekends soon training in good, old Shotokan Karate.

My calves should re-emerge soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment