Wednesday 2 October 2013

Colds and such

Finished my last technique unit after 15 or 16 months of training, and I immediately fell apart.

Let's list the problems from least important to most in regards to training.

I have managed somehow to sprain a thumb. Who ever sprains their thumb? It makes gripping a little uncomfortable with my right hand. I don't push it hard, so in rolling I can only cling hard with my other hand. No big deal. Might be if I get it yanked on too hard. Score: no change to training.

Next up is my shoulder. I must have slept a little funny, as it's stiff and cranky. Who gets hurt sleeping? It's on the left side, so it balances out my stupid thumb in a weird way. I have two arms that each have their own arguments against hard training.

The big problem has nothing to do with body structure. Woke up yesterday with some kind of virus. I'll call it a cold. I should probably take it easy. Getting exhausted might slow my return to full health. Being an idiot I would ignore this and push through if that were the only problem. The issue is that I am a bundle of contagiousness. I'd feel rotten if I passed this on to my mat mates, so I'm off training.

The cold hadn't hit Monday, so I trained. Yesterday I sat out, but watched and tried to absorb anyhow; better than nothing. Today, I have to lead the high school club, but that's the only time I'll be in action.

Not going to the White Belt class at all, but will still attend the advanced session. Might as well, as I'd only be home watching TV otherwise. This way I watch Jiu-Jitsu instead.

The good news is that this can't be an ordinary cold, as it already seems to be fading away. Maybe I'll be training later this week. That will also give my shoulder and thumb a chance to simmer down, too.

Cough, cough...




No comments:

Post a Comment