Saturday 26 October 2013

Relaxed

Things changed today.

I no longer have to worry about my Jiu-Jitsu test. Today I finished off the last technical section. The video file is saved and ready to upload to HQ. I still have two teenie tiny sparring sections left to bang off, but I'll likely wait until our instructor gets home early in December. No pressure to that.

No pressure at all.

I've been pushing ahead towards this exam since last December. It's been ten months of cramming in 16 months of material. As time went on, the pressure slowly increased, reaching a crescendo recently.

Now it's done.

Plenty still to do, of course. There are several While belts who want to be ready to test soon. They could use some help.

There are also our two newest Blue Belts. They are pretty lost when we do free-rolling. I'm sure they could use some assistance, too.

Not too much to do just for myself.

If I pass and earn my first little belt stripe, my next exam will be about two or three years away.

If I fail, I don't think I'll be trying again. I honestly think I've done about as good on this attempt as I ever will be able to do. Don't think I'd try again.

Either way, from now until Christmas it will be relaxing training.

After Christmas it's off to LA for a couple of months to train at the HQ Gracie school. Passing or failing won't change this, but will determine what I get to work on while there.


Goes without saying I'd rather pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment