Saturday 19 October 2013

Baby

Madeline and I have been partners in preparing for, and performing, our Jiu-Jitsu exams. We're both operating under time constraints. This seriously sucks.

Her situation is much worse than mine. Our instructor is flying off to Mexico for over a month. I think the last day we can record any test material with him will be Saturday. By the time he gets back, Madeline will have moved to Calgary and she won't see him again. If she isn't finished by Saturday, we'll have record her test without our instructor being present. Technically this is possible, but would be extremely dicey.

This means we've got only this week to get Madeline's last test segment finished.

I have more stuff to finish, but also potentially more time. I have two technical sections and two sparring segments to compete. If I don't finish by Saturday, I could try without the instructor, or could wait for his return.

My own deadline is really anytime before Christmas.

The problem is I'm a big baby and want it done now. Well, not now exactly. I want it done by Saturday, the same as Madeline.

Actually, I don't need it all done. I don't mind if I still have sparring to complete. That takes no time at all, and doesn't require massive amounts of memorization.

What I'm shooting for is completion of my two technical sections this week. Really it's only one, if I can get this week's test recorded successfully. I had a couple of shots at it today, but blew both. I get to try again Monday.

With that out of the way, Madeline and I can work hard on the final part and get that into the bag.

I'm going to spend the next two days memorizing the sequence as deeply as I can. I want the video done successfully on the first attempt Monday, leaving us the rest of the mat time to get ready to move on.

And then we find out if HQ thinks we're good enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment