Friday 2 November 2012

Sicko

It's been a lousy martial arts week for me. I usually go to Jiu-Jitsu five times and teach Karate twice.

Monday evening I could feel a cold coming on, but didn't let that interfere with Karate. Sometimes colds are nothing.

Waking up Tuesday I knew it was going to be nasty. Dragged myself through the workday, but knew I shouldn't train. It's the night when the techniques for the week are demonstrated and explained. I went in civies, sat in a chair, and watched. Not as good as doing it, but much better than nothing.

Wednesday and Thursday I was home from work, and stayed away from Jiu-Jitsu, too.

Friday? Back at work, but I shouldn't have been. Stayed home from training.

Tomorrow, I won't be at Jiu-Jitsu. Can't miss Karate as I'm the instructor, but that's easy. It isn't draining like training is.

So, I'll have made it to both Karate classes, but will have not trained at all in Jiu-Jitsu. I watched once.

I wonder if I've made progress. Don't answer. It's rhetorical.

No comments:

Post a Comment