Wednesday 7 November 2012

Necks and Wings

My stupid cold cost me a week of Jiu-Jitsu training, but I was back at it tonight.

Somehow I'm going to have to do some work on my own to make up the gap. I can do that, as long as I don't miss any bigger chunks of training.

Tonight we were working on a thing called an arm triangle. It's a nasty method of choking somebody. It turns out there is something about me that makes me very, very hard to choke this way. It was a real problem. We all worked away to find out what was going wrong. My neck meant that we had to figure out a more perfect way to do it. Once we found it, everybody learned the better method. We all got better because of my tricky neck. That was cool.

When I got home, things managed to get even better. Helen had made me a big heap of barbecued chicken wings. I was expecting to have to cook them myself, and I was really too tired to want to do that. She saved me, and they are so delicious.

Chokes, a tricky neck, and chicken wings.

A good evening indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment