Monday 5 November 2012

Cam

The closer I get to retirement, the more creative I am feeling. Likely this is caused by my anticipation of time to do creative things.

Anyhow, I like making slightly unusual videos. Time-lapse stuff is really fun.

I also have a camera that can strap onto bikes, or cars, or the human body and can take a fair amount of abuse. It is called a Gopro.

I've made some bike and car videos, but want to do something more original.

I'm going to strap the camera to either my chest or head, and wear it to Jiu-Jitsu. Just what does it look like to roll around? I wish I knew. Only a small part of the sensory input used is visual. The camera records only the visual.

There might be nothing worth seeing from so close up. It would have to be worn a number of times before anything interesting ends up getting captured.

Of course, the instructor might not like the idea. Things like this are his call.

Playing with a chest cam could be nasty. A lot of the time it will end up between the two competitors, being ground into each with intense pressure. The cam itself is a small, hard, rectangular device. I don't think it could injure anybody, but it will be uncomfortable.

A little editing, and then off it goes to Youtube.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment