Friday 23 November 2012

Dropping Saturday

I've stopped going to the open-mat session on Saturday. I make every other class in the week; all seven of them.

Why do I miss Saturdays? It's only an hour long, and requires an hour of driving to get there and back. The main reason is that nobody else goes either.

Not exactly true. Cosme shows up. He has the key and usually works on his Hapkido. He's often the only person there besides me. Now, I guess, he's sometimes the only one there.

My feeling is that if I'm going to be there alone, or almost, it isn't worthwhile.

If somebody wanted to work out with me and asked, I'd meet them there. Nobody has.

Another reason that I'm not going is that I don't need another hour to work on my own technique. I'm pretty happy with where I am right now.

We've been working on the Mount chapter since the start of September. There have been 27 classes dedicated to learning the techniques followed by 9 classes of review. We have an extra 3 review classes left before we move on to the next chapter.

I've also done 16 open-mat sessions where I've worked at review on my own. I'll continue doing open mat on Fridays to continue this.

I think I'm good.

If I hear that Saturdays have gotten popular, I'll be there in a shot.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment