Friday 30 November 2012

Accelerate

Had a hell of a nice day today.

I've been trying to get motivated to take on extra work in my Jiu-Jitsu training. It's hard to do. The goals are just so very, very far off. Accelerating just didn't seem to make a significant difference.

I thought a Purple Belt would be almost 8 years away, a Brown 16, and a Black Belt 24 years in the future. At that rate, I couldn't see me ever getting a Brown or Black Belt, and even Purple was darn far away.

Tonight the instructor explained to me how the ranks actually work. Each fifth level is review, and need not take much time at all. Let's say they only take two months.

This changes the timeline to; Purple in 6 and a half years; Brown in 13; Black in 20.

If I accelerate my training, I think I can shave this, too; Purple in 4 and a half years; Brown in 9 and a half; Black Belt in 13. Suddenly, a Purple Belt is virtually staring me in the eye. Brown and Black are still well over the horizon, but the changes are huge.

I am pumped, and want to start extra training immediately.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment