Tuesday 30 October 2012

Again?

Three weeks ago missed work due to a stupid cold. Even worse, I missed a night at Jiu-Jitsu.

I have yet another stupid cold. This one is worse, and I predict a mess of lost training. I was at work today, but won't be tomorrow. I'm too sick for martial arts, either. This will likely cost all three of the week's technique classes. That's a pain.

I'm going to go tonight. This is the day when we get the movements all explained and demonstrated. I can't train, but can certainly sit in a chair and watch. If I stayed home, I'd just be sitting in a chair watching TV. This is the by far the worst night of the week to miss.

Wednesday and Thursday will likely be shot, too. Those are drill days and I'll stay home.

We soon go into three weeks of review. I can likely do the necessary drill on this week's techniques during that time.

We won't be returning to this particular material until the summer of 2014. Certainly wouldn't want to have to redo it then. Best to learn it now and move on.

I was really fortunate last year, and managed to push through the White Belt curriculum without any time lost to colds, flu, or such nonsense. No such luck this time around.

Teachers pick up a lot of viruses from work. Schools are breeding grounds. Tons of people packed into overcrowded rooms. That's certainly one aspect of the profession that I won't miss when I retire. That's still months away.

No comments:

Post a Comment