Wednesday 17 October 2012

Small Group

Attendance at Jiu-Jitsu today was low. It happens. Sometimes the place is packed, and sometimes it isn't. Tonight it wasn't.

At the White Belt class there were only seven of us. This total included the instructor, and two Blue Belt assistants.

The training was grand, but when the class ended there were only three of us left for the Blue Belt class, including the instructor.

No problem, we just forged ahead. It was a little tricky, as I'm working at the lowest level of Blue Belt, and they are both at one level above me.

I was presented with a mini-review of my material and a short drill with the other student as my partner.

After that, they worked on their material. I scooted off to the side and played my techniques over and over solo. This isn't an ideal situation, but it works for me. I always need lots of drill to get things down pat.

With about half an hour left, we got back together and rolled in five-minute rounds. First it was me and Sterling, then I rolled with Shawn. After that, Sterling and Shawn had at it. Then we did the cycle all over again.

By the end we were all sweaty, and had gotten a lot of good practise. It was fun.

I'm glad the attendance was so light, at least for the one evening.

I like the big groups, too, but this was a nice change of pace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment