Monday 1 October 2012

Uncertain

I am quite confused.

The new class started at Karate on Saturday. Two beginners showed up to try. That isn't enough. We won't be able to pay the bills, even assuming that both sign up and pay.

What to do? I was starting to panic about the situation. Me, with the returning folks, plus two beginners still won't cover the gym fees. None are made of money. Raise membership cost? Try for more new people? Scrub the whole thing? Look for a cheaper location?

Today it was our Monday class in town. The two from Saturday didn't come back, but four different ones did. I gave them their trial class, and they said they liked it. One of them knows the people who had attended on Saturday and he said they didn't come back because the class was too small. He's going to tell them that it got bigger.

If all of tonight's four continue, and if the two from Saturday return, we are doing just fine. However, six possible beginners are not yet committed. About half said they can't make it to Saturdays until soccer is done.

What does this all mean? I have no idea. Do we have a viable club, or do we not? I guess I cannot know until the fees start coming in.

Is it any wonder I hate the administration of a Karate club?

No comments:

Post a Comment