Friday 29 June 2012

Painting

Eye on the prize. What's the goal?

Not the short term goal. Not the upcoming vacation, or the next wee course. The real goal.

Who is the person in the picture that I'm painting?

Long ago I wanted to be a teacher, so I went back to school, invested a few years, and became one. Got my first position in 1990, so I've been a teacher for 22 years. That is part of my internal resume and I'm ready to move on into retirement.

So I'm a retired teacher. What else?

I'm married to a wonderful woman. We've been together for 32 years and will be for a long time to come. I'm a husband.

What else?

The rest of my painting is the part that a person creates with their non-vital activities. The activities that normally reside outside of family or work.

I am a runner, and a biker, and a Jiu-Jitsu player, and a Karate Black Belt. I want to do all of these things for as many years as possible.

I am a geek for tech and history, and I also dance. Someday Helen and I will learn the Argentine Tango.

I love travel, and need a lot more of it under my belt.

I don't know if all this tells you who I am, but it helps me to define myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment