Wednesday 6 June 2012

The cunning plan

It is almost summertime. There will be a cruise, and some camping, as well as visits to Vernon, Victoria and Powell River.

My ankle has healed, so I can run everywhere we go. When at home or in Victoria we will have our bikes.

We also have folding bikes that are going with us on the cruise. The cruise line has said they are fine, but I won't be surprised if they don't let us take them. Of course, we would find that out on the dock, but we'll see.

My martial arts take a beating in the summer. I can only do Jiu-jitsu when at home. My Karate club is shutting down for the season. In Victoria I can train in Karate at the university club, and in Judo at the venerable Victoria Judo Club. When anyplace else, there will be no martial arts for me.

If I add up all the bits of training it works out at 8 weeks worth. At home I can do one week per week, and in Victoria I can to two weeks worth per week (Judo and Karate).

This assumes I'm able to drag my sorry ass off to train.

If I am unable to do that, I will run or bike a lot more to make up for it. It's only fitness with no skill, but it's an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment