Monday 23 March 2015

Loving It

Our LA vacation in the second half of February, 2015....
Day 02/24

I am loving this visit to Los Angeles even more than the one last winter. Adding on a few private lessons has taken things up a bit, fat notch. Also, writing down the techniques for each class is really helping me retain stuff. This is even if, as seems likely, I can't make heads or tails of what I've written down after we get home. The very act of writing forces me to think in a different way, and to not let my brain collapse the moment a class ends.

I came here with a few injuries this time, and am allowing myself to sit out sometimes. Yesterday I trained at the noon class, and we did stuff that was not great for my wrecked hand. I therefore sat out the evening class, which is always pretty much a repeat of what is done mid-day. My brain got useful repetition, and my hand didn't have to do any heavy lifting.

Was all smart avoiding a second lifting class, and yet got caught in one the very next evening. It was going well, except I pulled a muscle in my back.


Fate.


No comments:

Post a Comment