Monday 14 January 2013

Haul

It's time for the long haul. The time between Christmas vacation and Spring Break always does. I suspect it will be better than usual, as our provincial government has added a holiday on February 11th.

I'm back to riding my bike to work. Today it was below zero, but at least there was no rain or snow. I'm not sorry that this will be my last winter that I'm doing this. I hate riding through a pitch black world, but as soon as the sun starts to make a morning appearance it will be grand. I hope this happens soon.

My martial arts continue rolling along. Throughout January we'll be completing one technique unit per week. February will be largely all review. This is fun and necessary, but one tends to lose any feeling of progress through the material. By March it will be back to a weekly technique unit again.

It is my plan to add a private Jiu-Jitsu lesson each week during review time, and then to work on the technique learned in addition to the usual review. I already do tons of review when it isn't review time. This should keep me feeling like I'm progressing.

So finally in March Spring Break will come. Helen and I will visit the family in Victoria. By then the year is warming up. Mornings will be sunny. The world will be alive rather than dreary.

The long haul will be over.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment