Thursday 6 December 2012

New Test

Two of my White Belt Jiu-Jitsu buddies are supposed to start testing tonight; Ryan and Amelia.

It can be a very long process. For me it took almost two months. Back then we did a maximum of one segment per week, and not every week. This time the instructor says he wants to just power through. It will still take a week or two.

It may seem weird, but I'm more nervous about their testing than I was about my own.

When a White Belt tests, they go through all the techniques in 5 five minute segments. They need a partner for all of it. The partner can be anybody, but the better they are the better it all goes. Another White Belt wouldn't be a good choice.

We pair them with a Blue Belt. The more experienced the partner is, the better. For my test I had our Instructor for half, and the number two guy for the other half.

I'm nervous because the way Blue Belt attendance has been lately, the partner might just be me.

When I screwed something up during my own test, we did it over. It was my fault. No big deal. My partners didn't make a single error.

If I blow something during Ryan or Amelia's test I'll feel horrible. I'm sure they won't think twice about it, but I will.

It isn't likely. Probably more experienced Blues will be there. Even if not, we'll practice a few times before the test, and it will all be fine. Even if I do make a mistake, we'll just laugh and start the taping over again.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment