Thursday 20 December 2012

Bike no

I like riding my bike to work. It's great on nice days, especially if the sun is up early.

It's even cool when the weather sucks and the winter darkness is complete. Some of those days can surprise you. A break in the clouds, or a flash of scarlet sky can make it magical.

However, even when it really sucks it has a plus side. Doing it makes you feel tough. Look at me! I rode my bike through that crap!

Oh, yeah. It's also good for you, your wallet, and the environment.

Lately, however, I've been failing on all counts.

Our house has workers crawling all over it and I try to zip home whenever I can; as quickly as I can. I do so right after the school day ends, and whenever I have a spare block.

This doesn't work so well on the bike, so for two weeks I've been a car guy.

Don't get me wrong, the break is nice. The weather has been extra ugly lately.

And I'm not really all that tough.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment